Monday, August 16, 2004

Dag Negen

It just occurred to me to give the title in Dutch. Obviously, Day Nine. I felt so crappy in class today. It was raining a little today and I thought I could make it to school in the drizzle with minimal damage. I even put on my rain coat for a little extra protection. But I was about two minutes out when the sky opened up. Not just buckets, but big drops. And I was riding for 15 minutes in the rain. I was pretty soaked by the time I got to school. And I was not in a good mood the whole time. I couldn't wait to get home.

Our speakers today were Kai, from Germany and Pia from Spain. Pia talked about the area of Spain she's from. She doesn't come to class much, but she can speak Dutch pretty well. She looks like a fairly nice person, but pretty preoccupied with her own life and how she understands things. Strange girl. Kai, strange boy, talked about Iceland and a three month period he spent there. Apparently it's beautiful but expensive. It's totally on my list of places to visit one day.

More new stuff in class today. But it was about "bijzinnen." My ability to articulate English grammar is not so great, but a "bijzin" is the part of the sentence that is like "When I get out of school..." like a prepositional phrase or something. Anyway, there are a few kinds. This is helping my English grammar. Grammar is fascinating

No comments: