Sunday, August 22, 2004

Rain rain rain

Yesterday I did something that I have never done before - and that takes some doing with me.

Having been caught on a bike in the rain twice in the recent past, I decided to do as these Dutch do and ride my bike while holding an umbrella. I swore I would never do it, but they do it all the time. People also talk on the phone, which I find annoying and dangerous. But the umbrella thing is just practical.

I cleaned the house thoroughly in preparation of F's arrival home. I'm looking forward to seeing him. It's been a long time. So much has happened. And I'm rattling around here and I'm over that.

There may be a cold coming on. I felt a little swelling in the back of my throat and I'm sort of snotty here and there. Nice to not have school.

No comments: