Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Some Things I Don't Like

I'm sitting here in the apartment alone. The solitude is nice, but I at dinner and now I have a huge pain in the middle of my chest. It feels gassy or something. I'm sure it will go away.

As I said, I'm alone and it's very quiet. I've been giving into the desires of my latest obsession. Blog Surfing. But the think is, I know how I am. I used to surf the web until three in the morning. And now It's just a part of life. I'm on the computer a lot anyway, but I know my mania will calm down. I've been having a few problems with it any way, which will make it inconvenient and repetative, which will be one factor in my slowing down. See, I know myself.

I just burped really big and much of the pressure is gone. See, I knew it was gas related.

Sometimes I will hit Next Blog and it send me to the previous one. I don't like that. Sometimes the same ones come up again and again. I don't like that. Sometimes they take forever to load. I don't like that. Also, a lot of people seem to be into using black backgrounds. I don't like that.

A lot of the ones I've seen lately are really endearing. There's a geeky girl at www.whatsadooryard.blogspot.com. She's a little down on herself, but she writes well and she seems interesting. So strange. These blogs are just people's thoughts. Oh. Another thing some people do is profess their love for their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. While I consider myself a Christian and I respect anyone's right to express their feelings, I don't really like that kind of Christianity. I find it show-offy. There's a story in the Bible about a guy who prays really loudly in the middle of the synagogue and Jesus tells people, "Don't pray like that. Pray in your house quietly." It's the same thing to me.

My pain is back, but now that I know it's gas, I'm not worried. I just want to burp again.

I was scheduled to have a driving lesson tomorrow morning with a guy, H, that is an old friend of F. His wife, Y, just called and said we had to cancel. H is having back troubles and doesn't feel up to it. That's fine. I had forgotten about it anyway. F asked me to consider not taking the lesson from H. I don't think it will be a problem. He's a little overbearing, but I can handle him for an hour.

Slotervaart was strange today - I went in again and will be going in for a number of weeks. I have to figure out an Exit Strategy. Problem is that some old guy, C, is out for a while. Today it felt like people were looking at me strange. I thought I must look really tired or really great. It was strange. It was also strange to go in having spoken almost no Dutch in the past few days.

I really need to work on speaking on a regular basis - as well as reading. I do, but I do it in a really mamby-pamby way. I want to see if one of F's sisters, A, can speak to me on a regular basis. It would be nice to bond with her. Truth be told, I actually was more fascinated with another sister, V, but F really likes A the best. And I didn't feel like I should alienate A by not liking her the best as well. Sounds silly. Maybe we can schedule a coffee date every Monday or something.

No comments: