Thursday, November 04, 2004

Jessica Tandy of Amsterdam

There's a woman at Riekerhof that looks like Jessica Tandy at the end of Driving Miss Daisy. She's short and skinny. Her eyes are sunken and a little red. But she's got great hair. It's long, to about the middle of her back, and white. The length reminds me of my sister because she's always said that she'll keep her hair long when she's old. The color reminds me of my mother, because it's yellowed, which my mother, with her white hair, tries to avoid by using a blue rinse - so that it looks more white than yellow.

Mevrouw Tandy sits quietly a lot of the time, waiting on the rest of her table to show up. She's a little senile. I've spoken to her a few times. She's actually taken care of by another group of people. Her teeth are pretty bad, but she's got this look that she's probably used since she was 16. I've looked over at her and she looks down and then back up again in a flirtatious way. It's very interesting how people can keep a look their whole life. Like people who are in high school, but you can see exactly what they'll look like when they're 50.

No comments: