Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Post Thanksgiving

Fred and I returned home from Thanksgiving in Ohio on Monday. We left on Wednesday. It was three full days with a Wednesday afternoon arrival and a departure around one on Sunday. A few people commented that it was hardly worth going at all, but Thanksgiving is a very special holiday and I want to go to Ohio every year. It's important to me.

When I got to school on Monday, I had not slept at all since the night before and my body felt like it was around six o'clock the following morning when it was noon here in the Netherlands. I made it through, but it's been rough.

Fred is out of town for a couple of days, which is fine because I've got plenty to do. It was great that he finally went (after two years of not going). They really liked him. Of course it's always difficult to ask someone "What do you think about him?" and get an honest answer. But I got what seem like honest answers. He's a very likable guy. I wouldn't have asked if I thought the responses would have been tepid.

Grace, my Chinese god-daughter, is doing well. She's got tons more personality this year. Last year was probably a little overwhelming, plus she was a year and a half old. This year she was very freindly, very welcoming.

I'm glad to be home, but it just means that it's the race to Christmas, with Sinter Klaus, coming in a week. I'm a little overwhelmed with my life right now, but happy to be where I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I hadn't realized that this was your first post since September! Welcome back. My sister lives in Ohio (outside of Cleveland), and I am originally from Pennsylvania, though have lived in Seattle 11 years now. It's been fun getting to know you...

Anonymous said...

Hi, Andy!

Glad all is well in the Netherlands...Andy Shore pointed us your way!

We really enjoyed our trip to Amsterdam in 2003....visited with some friends of Danny's that live in Aalberg...or one of the many towns that start with AA! :-)

Best to you.

Reluctant Nomad said...

I wandered over here via a link on 'Contextual Musings' as I have quite an interest in Amsterdam at present as I'm moving there soon.

However, it seems that you don't blog that much of late - you must be leading a much more interesting life than a cyber denizen's. :-)