Saturday, June 23, 2007

Raining Raining

It has been raining here a lot lately. I took this out the window the other day when it suddenly started and it was this torrential and fierce downpour for a few minutes. I tried to get a guy on a bike with an umbrella, but he was going to fast and just showed up as a blur. I was trying to get a snap of the situation I was most glad I was not in. On a bike in a torrential downpour carrying an umbrella, that's my vot.

Thursday I was standing at the Metro station and I felt a few drops of rain, then a few more drops. Then it was this incredibly quick crescendo to where it was, within less than a minute just crazy with rain pounding down. Of course it didn't stay like that for long. It kept raining for a bit and then it stopped.

Then last night we got caught in the rain coming home from Centraal Station after we'd gone to Haarlem. That was a half hour of riding through a light rain. It was annoying, but at least we were going towards home. I keep forgetting my umbrella. The weather is a little overcast and gray, but I convince myself that I'll be find, that it won't rain when I'm out. Last night Fred said, "It's going to be one of those shitty summers." I don't think so. I have to be optimistic that this mess, irregular rain is just a phase.

This is an artsy shot that Fred took one night.

No comments: