Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Writer's Block

I have had a terrible case of writer's block for the past couple of weeks. I'm usually pretty good about writing and getting things out there, but I just can't seem to get it together to sit down and produce.

NaBloPoMo is coming up in November. I'll do that again. It's the whole write a post every day for a month thing. When I'm doing that, I'm really good. I think of things to write about. I post every day - or thereabouts. It's the regular thing that really works for me.

But as I wrote in my last post, I do feel like my life has gotten really focused. I want to say "small." I like having a lot on my plate, several things to get through. If I've got all day long to get one thing done, I generally wait until the deadline to do it. But if I've got ten things to do, I jump out of bed and start.

Of course, I can piddle all day long: going from this to that, getting some laundry folded, doing some dishes, reading some blogs, knitting on that sweater.

Maybe I'll start the whole blog posting thing early. I need a little focus. And I'm had it up to here (my hand is at my forehead) with some things, and I'm tired of keeping quiet about it. So we'll see what happens. It's a beautiful fall day here in Amsterdam. Here's to getting unblocked.

No comments: