Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Fall in Amsterdam

I must say that I like Fall and Fall weather anywhere in the world. I've seen Fall in Texas and Fall in NYC. It was Fall the first time G and I were here, all over Europe, and it's been a lovely Fall so far this year.

The leaves on the ground are nice. The leaves in the trees are nice, too. They don't do a lot of colors here, but they do several shades of yellow before turning brown. It's more like Texas than NYC and New England. G said he thought it was the type of tree. I think it has something to do with how the cold weather comes in. There are not a lot of reds.

Tom hated the Fall. Said it reminded him of being a kid and having to go back to school. Reminds me of going back to school, too, but I liked that, always have. I like the newness.

Each person in my writing group has bowed out for this evening. Gin probable won't be coming back. I hope not as her critique paralyzed me for a week and I still haven't gotten back to the main story. James is...James. He "can't make it." No explanation. Gabi has a health issue. So I am going to clean a closet tonight - a set of closets, actually. It's a luxury problem I didn't have in NYC. It's good to have time to do that as F is out of town.

No comments: