Friday, October 15, 2004

G it's Great to See You

G and I are getting along fine. It's a little more relaxed when F isn't here. G went to see his friend, Otto, on Wednesday, but won't be seeing him on Sunday, as planned. I have tons to do today and tomorrow. He'll have to do his own thing. He says since he's been traveling around, he's fine with just sitting and reading ABC Soaps In-Depth, which he bought me a subscription for for my birthday, all day until I make it home. He's been cooking, which is nice, so I can study.

We saw The Notebook, which we both found a little predictable and sappy. Neither of us mind sappy, but this one took the cake. And James Garner has gotten fat. Granted he's about 75, but it makes me wonder what time will do, eventually, to my body.

We're thinking of trying to see Girl with the Pearl Earring on Saturday. We're just hanging out and talking a lot. He loves to talk and talk. Even if I'm watching something on television that I really want to see, he'll just start talking about what we need to pick up at the grocery store and how long it takes to cook potatoes. I keep trying to listen to both, which is really impossible, but I am always optimistic that I will be able to do it, so I try.

I hope I can get enough of him by the time he leaves. It's sort of sad to think that I won't be able to see him for a long time, but I also know that he - and anyone visiting - is a great distraction. I wish I could see him for shorter stretches more often. Oh well.

No comments: