Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The Day After

I'm watching the White House Chief of Staff talk about Bush's possible victory. I think it will be interesting to see where the country is headed with him in charge. I read something where the guy said the country was headed to a "very dark place" with him as president. I hope not, but I'm glad that I live in Amsterdam.

I'm not the saddest guy in Amsterdam, I'm quite sure. I'm sure that there are people who are gnashing teeth and crying right now. But it's a pretty gross feeling. I have to go to my last day of volunteer work at Slotervaart today. I'm a little...concerned. Not for my safety, of course. It's just that people here think Bush is such a joke and most can't understand his appeal. And I have to go out, today and tomorrow, and explain it. I, as one of many everyday ambassedors, have to explain why the US isn't the most stupid country on earth. At least I have the fortune of living abroad and I don't have to live there.

So I will go about my day. It's a strange, foggy day here in Amsterdam. I'm not happy.

No comments: