Sunday, March 18, 2007

Orphan Project

I think I've already written about the Red Scarf Project of the Orphan Foundation of America. And I've also written about my desire to learn to knit Continental. So this is a little progress report regarding how it's going.

The yarn I chose had a lot to do with price and gauge. I wanted a thicker yarn so that it would go quickly. But I also wanted something that wouldn't break the bank, so that I can maybe do a few of them. Then I found this Scottish Tweed on sale. Not for free by any means, but it was less expensive than normal.

I decided on this pattern. It's a rib, but not just a P2 K2 rib (not that there's anything wrong with that.) It's basically knit a row and then the next row is P2 knit into the back of the next stitch. Repeat to infinity. I'm trucking along with it. It's curving just a little on the edges, so it doesn't lie flat like I like a scarf to do. But Fred doesn't mind when scarves curl, so I'm hoping someone who is more like Fred than me will get this. It'll be nice when it's finished.

Last night we watched Amadeus and I got a lot of work done one it. I enjoyed Amadeus, but I never got a sense of when it would end until the end was right in my face. That actor, Tom Hulce, is totally cute. I haven't seen him in anything else and apparently he hasn't been in much else. His wife, Elizabeth Berridge, apparently also stopped working after this Amadeus. Pity. Anyway, when I was putting the DVD away, I told Fred I wanted to see it again soon, so that says something. Fred just raised an eyebrow and said, "Have fun."

That reminds me that I found a fun new podcast, which I'm enjoying. It's called Film and Fiber. The host, Holly, talks about film and then she talks about knitting. It's a good listen. Check it out.

No comments: