Tuesday, March 06, 2007

What a Difference a Day Makes

Yesterday, the kids at school (well, half of the classes) were absolute animals. I didn't know what to do. They were all buzzing and talking. I couldn't make them shut up or do anything. I was actually having to actively calm myself down at the end of the day. After the one class, the next class was a little over the top, but I couldn't catch them in time and it just went to hell.

I think that part of the problem is that it was a really pretty day out. I know that's ridiculous, but they were all begging to have class outside (uh...no.) and they had the windows open and the blinds open, which drives me crazy. Problem is, how can I make them draw the blinds when they live in the gray most of the year.

Well, thank God for the rain and the heavy clouds we had today. They were like a bunch of balloons with slow leaks. Sort of there, but not really perky. Very quiet classes, no one really having any fun, people listening. Of course I was also a little ill feeling - with this cold just passing - and I had a little talk with Fred last night and decided that I was going to be a complete ass today and not take any guff from the chitlins. No need. I love gray weather.

Well, I did throw three of them out today. And I threw one out yesterday. And two from another class have to talk to the year coordinator before coming back into class tomorrow. I'm so sick of them. I really need a plan on how to get through the next four and half months.

This is a career change?

No comments: