Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Oh By the Way...

...we're back.

I've been meaning to blog, but so much stuff has been going on - just re-entry sort of stuff - that I have neglected my blog.

American politics have also been taking up a lot of my time. We enjoyed the Democratic Convention (the next morning - we taped it) and then there was that wacky announcement of John McCain picking Sarah Palin for his V.P.

Back when I worked in a rehab, I would listen to recovering crack addicts talk about running out of crack and then desperately crawling around on the floor looking for anything they might have missed.

That was me the whole weekend. I checked every website I could think of thinking There must be something that I've missed. Why can't someone just write something else about this woman? I kept flipping on CNN saying, "Sports? Who cares about sports?" Any other news just made me roll my eyes and sigh.

Then they announced that her daughter's pregnant. I LOVE abstinence only programs. They totally work every time! What...ever. That's what we need: a 44-year-old grandmother a heart beat away from the presidency.

So that was sort of political, huh?

In other news, the wedding plans are coming along. We have to choose a menu at the restaurant and we dropped our rings off at the jeweler so they can be engraved and polished. And work is picking up. There's some fun stuff coming up for the fall.

It's so good to be back here. We walked out of the airport and I said, "It's so cool. That feels so good." We were so used to walking out of the hotel and being hit by a wave of heat and humidity. I love Amsterdam weather. Yeah, it's a little wet today, but it's not hot, and I like that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She seems to sum up the hypocrisy of the far-right, conservative, neo-Christian crackers in the US. If they are leading by example then I can't fathom what the "family values" they bang on about all the time include.

Grace said...

glad you are back safely and your wedding plans are going so well

Littlelou said...

How are your wedding plans developing? Not long now. I just got asked to be a bridesmaid at my brothers wedding in 2010..I'll be 35!!!Spot the old spinster