Thursday, September 16, 2004

Boxes, boxes, boxes

Today I received six boxes from the US. It was stuff that F shipped for me when he was in NYC. In one of the boxes was an outline I have been looking for for weeks. No wonder I couldn't find it. It was on a different continent. I was very happy to see it.

I decided I would try to focus on the "Midwood" book in the writer's group. It's a story of when I was a houseboy. I have already written some of it and one of the points or chapters that I have written was one of my pieces that was chopped to bits and will be coming out in the Spring of 2005 in the anthology. It's one of those stories that as I was living through, I kept saying, "This would make a great book." We'll see. At least it will give me something to focus on.

Some of the stuff in the boxes was broken or damaged when it arrived. But I had just watched a piece of the hurricane that's currently in the South-Eastern US and I find it difficult to whine like I'd really like to when I know that people have entire houses filled with muddy water, sticks and trash. "Poor me" doesn't have the same ring as it might otherwise.

No comments: