Friday, June 27, 2008

Prints and the Revolution

On Wednesday afternoon, I went to a temporary gallery set up in a garage on Centuurbaan. A guy I'm working with on a magazine (Long story. He and his partner are doing this whole thing that's going to revolutionize ticket sales in the Netherlands. Tell you later.) asked me if I could do an interview for the magazine with one of the founders of an artists' collective called Prints and the Revolution. Her name is Birgit Schuurman. It was a lot of fun.

Anyway, I met her, looked at the gallery and wrote a piece that went onto Amsterdam Spoke. You can see it if you follow the link. I'll write something different about them when I write something for the magazine. It should be coming out in a little bit, by the way.

The piece at the top is by this guy called T. A lot of the artists have street names. It's all very cool and hip and edgy, like me.

In other news, I finished knitting my first American in China sock and it fits like a dream. I've very happy with it and very happy with the length and quality of the yarn. I don't have a pictures yet, but it's beautiful. While I would rather move on to other projects, I don't really have second sock syndrome. There's enough challenges in this sock to keep me interested.

Yesterday was a really good day. I got a lot done and had a really good time doing it. Everyone should have days like that on a regular basis.

No comments: