Monday, January 31, 2005

Books Arrived Today!

This morning at 9:45, the doorbell rang. We were still sleeping because F hadn't decided if he was working today or not and I have a bit of a cold. (And I always say that sleep is the most important ingredient in a get-well program.) I turned to him and said, "Is that us?"

When I answered the little phone by the door, the man said, "Federal Express." I buzzed him in. It must be my book! What else could it be?

It turned out to be TWO copies of the book. It's larger than I thought it would be. It says that it's a "trade paperback." I was thinking more along the lines of "pocket paperback." So I read some stories. It's quite exciting to hold it in my hands. I'm glad Doug didn't have the responsibility of sending it out. I can't imagine he would do it with much haste. It looks like they were sent from a warehouse. And they used lots and lots of packing material. Why so much? It was all paper with two books. Crazy, man.

Today I will take my congested chest to F's office and reorganize the boxes and bags for the store downstairs. In exchange I will get some item of clothing. I'm not excited, but it will get me moving. Otherwise, I would probably remain seated all day and that makes me tired.

We had dinner with Boris last night. He's always fun to talk to, and much more adventurous (like me) with the self-improvement stuff than F. F mostly listened to us talk about programs and workshops and therapies we'd done.

No comments: