Friday, January 28, 2005

Coloring my Parachute

Yesterday, I started reading "What Color is Your Parachute." It's very interesting. I'm enjoying it. It's not what I keep expecting. I need some focus here. I saw it when I went to The American Book Center in the Center. And I remembered that I had the 2003 edition at home. So it's only two years old. But you can totally see from the way they talk about the internet that the book is dated.

So it sounds like I need to totally pump up the volume on my job hunting. He's very interesting. He says, "So if you send out three resumes a week and it takes you six months to get a job, that's like 54 resumes that you had to send out to get the job. So what if you sent out ten a week? Then you'd have the job in a little over five weeks!"

Now he seems to understand that it doesn't quite work that way, but then he says, "But really, it does work that way." So he's like, "Get on the #$%*ing stick!" So I will.

Today, I cleaned out a closet and "put like with like." Now I have about ten piles on the dining room table that have to be off before F is home tomorrow. I am in desperate need of file folders. I need a Staples!

No comments: