Monday, July 04, 2005

Men's Room

Today after work, I walked with my friend, Deborah, from the train station to where she goes to school at the WTC near where I live. I stopped in the building to pee and to look around. These are buildings that I walk by several time a week. I've never been in. A guy gets curious.

When I came out of the restroom, I said, "Man, guys can be totally gross in the bathroom. It's like they don't really understand that other people are going to come in after them."

She said, "Makes you wonder how people live, huh? But I assure you that women's restrooms are far worse than men's."

I can't imagine. I won't go into detail, but it's appauling how they are left. It's not even ghetto or "public" bathrooms. It's our office bathrooms at work and the bathroom at the World Trade Center in Amsterdam. It's gross. Why are people like that? It's like saying, "F*** you" to the anonymous next person who comes in.

No comments: